Seriously. Don’t let the FCC take net neutrality away from us.
I have no interest in paying more money (than I already do) to internet providers just so I have a fast enough connection to stream Magic Schoolbus for my kids. I have no interest in watching online businesses die out because they can’t afford to pay internet providers money just to make sure traffic doesn’t die out because of slow connections. I know people with businesses that depend on the internet to be successful. As a writer, I too have a stake in this. How long before I have to pay internet providers to keep my blog up so when I’m published, the fans of my work can click through to see my tour schedule or when my next book comes out?
Don’t sit by and let the FCC take away net neutrality just because some internet providers want to increase their bottom line.
Links to read:
- Large US tech firms plan ‘go slow’ day in protest over net neutrality rules
- Etsy CEO to Businesses: If Net Neutrality Perishes, We Will Too
- Companies like Mozilla, Foursquare and Reddit will raise awareness of the FCC’s proposed rules that could divide Internet into “fast lanes” and “slow lanes”
- Top websites join Internet Slowdown Day in symbolic protest of ‘fast lanes’
- We’re in the battle for the net.