Welcome to the Thirsty Thursday Blog Round-Up! Time to take a look at all the great blogs out there with all the advice and information meant to help writers learn their craft.
- First or Third Person: Which Point of View Is Best?
- Inciting Incident(s)
- What’s the Visual? Adding Power To Your Writing.
- WriterStrong – Getting Fresh Emotion on the Page
- SMC: Writing Action Scenes
- Editing ‘As’ and ‘ing’ Phrases–a post by Gemma
- Writing a Great Villain
- Turning Story Opening Don’ts Into Do’s
- 3 Ways to Add Repetition That Pleases Readers
- What Makes Iconic or Popular Characters Unforgettable?
On Publishing & Agents
- Self-Publishing: Who Says Your Book Isn’t Real?
- Rejection Letter Translations: What am I REALLY saying?
- A is for Advance
On Social Media
- 6 Reasons Google+ Beats Facebook for Author Platform Building
- 6 Reasons Writers See No Value In Facebook
- How To Write Your Best Post Ever – Part 1: Planning
- 11 Quick Tips for Writing Compelling Posts On Your Blog
- Is Your Blog an Accurate Reflection?
Other Useful Stuff Too
- Top tips: Here are our top 10 tips for children’s fiction writers
- 4 Tricks for Improving Your Fiction in One Day
- Seven Common Misconceptions About Writing … and the Reality
- Short is the New Long: 10 Reasons Why Short Stories are Hot
- Finding Your Unique Author Voice… Like Everyone Else?
- A TRUE-TO-LIFE TALE OF BONAFIDE DARLING-KILLING
- 3 Ways Google Analytics Helps You Engage With Your Readers
- 10 Things to Remember About Sequels
- How to Write a Great Twitter Pitch
- Query Research Red Flags: When NOT to Submit
- Handling Bad Reviews: Lessons from Amy’s Baking Company
- Three Tips for Naming Characters
- Why Your Protagonist Might Not Always Be Your Hero
- What to Write in the “Bio” Section Of Your Query Letter
- Can You Compare Your Book to Others?