Welcome to the Thirsty Thursday Blog Round-Up! If you’ll notice, last week’s post disappeared. I have no idea what happened, or where it went. It’s not in my trash file, it’s not in my draft file, and it’s no longer up on the site. I am flummoxed. BUT! That’s not stopping this week’s awesome links, so let’s get on with it=)
- Driving your Young Adult Novel’s Plot
- What is a Story: Discovery of a Character – Finding, Building, Creating
- Repairing a ‘broken’ manuscript
- Holding Up The Mirror: Hands-On Tips For Spotting Flaws In Your Writing
- 11 Keys to Making a Novel a Page Turner
- Character Development: Write Gray Characters
- Finding the Perfect First Sentence by Jessica Brody
- 10 Tips For Proofreading Your Manuscript
- The Self-Editing Myth
- Rules and Tools
- Writing Tips: Kill Your Darlings
- Eight Ways Writing a Novel is Like Becoming a Parent
- Theme: What is It? And How Do We Develop One?
- What Are You Feeling In This Moment?
- Write what you know love
- THE WRITER’S TOOLBOX #6: CONFLICT. (NO PAIN, NO GAIN!)
On Publishing & Agents
On Social Media
- Social Media: Have You Got It All Wrong?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Retweet
- How Your Local Bookstore Can Help You Consistently Create Content For Your Newsletter
- Did You Already Pin This? Now You’ll Know!
- Google+ gives photo lovers what Facebook doesn’t
- How Many Posts Should a Blogger Post? [Pros and Cons of Daily Posting]
- Why Interlinking Your Blogs Posts is a Must (and Not Just For SEO)
Other Useful Stuff Too
- 90 Writing Tools in a Single Post
- 15 THINGS A WRITER SHOULD NEVER DO
- Synopsis Support & Synopsis Support Pt 2
- 2 Tricks for Breaking Writer’s Block in One Day
- Writing Queries: Three Tools for Success
- Tarot for Writers: Using Tarot to Find & Nurture Your Creative Muse
- 4 Things To Keep In Mind When Choosing A Title For Your Book
- 17 Steps to a Reader-Grabbing Title
- 25 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OUTLINING
- What’s wrong with said?
- Putting Your Internal Editor to Work
- Discussion: Do You Finish Every Novel Idea You Start?
- 4 Ways Outlining Can Give A Writer Confidence
- 5 Must-Have Apps For On-The-Go Authors
- Left-Brain, Right-Brain, or No-Brain At All
- Donald Maass Wisdom: Cultivate Reader Interest Through Unexpected Emotions
- Writing Queries: What Should You Put In Your Bio?
- Writer’s Block vs. Writer’s Boredom: Some tips