(Sorry. I totally had a flashback to the Beverly Hillbillies with that title ;))
It’s the end of the second week of the challenge and I’m thrilled to have been given an award that is making its rounds through the A to Z bloggers! Rhonda at Dizzy Stir surprised me with the Liebster Award the other day and I’m thrilled to accept it and the challenge that comes with it… Namely, completing some of the requirements.
These requirements are:
- Post the award on my blog
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to
- Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own
I have no problem thanking Rhonda for such an honor=) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If you don’t follow her blog, you really should. I’ve enjoyed what I read so far and look forward to her future posts.
The hard part is the 11 facts about myself. Let’s see what I can come up with:
- Every time I type anything with a “th” where the T is supposed to be capitalized, I inadvertantly capitalize the H too. It comes out as “THe” instead of “The.”
- I’m crazy. That’s what Hubs said when I asked him to name a random fact about me. He’s joking of course… OF COURSE!!!
- I have cried during every Disney/Pixar film ever made. That’s right. I’m a softy 😉
- I literally fangirl SQUEEEEd when my sister told me she had CINDER and I could borrow it. It’s been on my wishlist since it came out.
- I have an extra bone in my right foot that all the ligaments and tendons are attached to and they’re not supposed to be. Because of this, my foot has a tendancy to turn and I have broken/sprained my ankle dozens of times.
- I was first chair flute my junior and senior years of high school. I still play.
- I went to college for Music Theatre.
- I lived in Texas for a couple of years. During my first Christmas down there, the area I lived in got their first snow in something like 100 or so years. I learned that Texans do NOT know how to drive in half an inch of snow. 😉
- When I moved to Texas, I was engaged and married within a two week period. (I’m still married to the same guy :D)
- Fresh wet cilantro gives me massive headaches.
- I snore. Loudly. Often waking Hubs up in the middle of the night.
Okay. Now that THAT’s over with… How about some questions posed by the wonderful Rhonda (you might remember, she nominated me ;))
- How many hours a day do you spend writing? That depends on the day. Most days I will write for a bit here and there when I can. It’s usually between the daily chores, playing with Little Man, picking Princess up from school, and cooking supper. Other days I can write for hours at a time… If I have the words 😉
- Who do you have to critique and/or edit your work? I’ve been lucky enough to have a few people to critique my work. The one’s I turned to for the most in depth look at The Gifted are Miranda Hardy and Sydney Aaliyah. There are others too, but too many to name=)
- What is your guilty pleasure? A Mocha Moolatte from Dairy Queen. They’re expensive and delish and totally worth the caffeine/chocolate/ice cream overload.
- Why did you start blogging? I was writing and I figured it was a natural extension of that. I’d also read a lot of blogs talking about brand and platform and I figured it was a good idea. So, I went for it=)
- What is your most popular blog post? Uhm… Give me a minute…. It was this Saturday Prompt posts.
- What do you want written on your tombstone? Ohh! Good question! How about “Here lies Kathleen. She wrote words better than these.”
- What are some of your favorite books to read? (I’m graciously not limiting this to one.) Thank you for not limiting it! I’ll list my favorite five from the last couple of months. 1) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows 2) Asunder by Jodi Meadows 3) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 4) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, and 5) Cephreal’s Hand by Melissa McPhail. There are so many more… I wish I could list all the ones I’ve read this year so far, but this post is turning out long enough already;)
- If you could have any one super-power, what would it be? Does being a Time Lord count as a super power? It totally should.
- If you could be invisible for a day, would you use your invisibility for evil or good? Mwahahahaha!!! EEEEEVIIIIIIIIILLLL! *steps back into shadows and cackles*
- What would your “last supper” consist of? Lobster, crab, shrimp, fish, and calamari. Because I don’t get a lot of seafood at home since no one else likes it. And it will be an all you can eat feast. Maybe add some oysters to that too. Hell, just bring me ALL of Red Lobster and I’ll be happy.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Hmm. I’d have to say people who don’t use their turn signal. I will have a conniption fit if you are in front of me, don’t use your turn signal and turn, and have caught me on a bad day. I will let you know exactly what I think of you, even if you can’t hear it, lol.
Here are the people I’ve discovered through A to Z and am nominating:
- Michael J. Cahill from Nouveau Scarecrow – He’s got a fascinating blog with rich and deep-thought encouragement. He’s definitely worth a follow.
- Emmy Leigh at Voices in my head – She’s taking her experiences in life and applying them to writing. Stop by and say hello=)
- Deb Mc at Creative Fog – She’s blogging about food. Mmmm. Fooooooood. Stop by for some mouth-watering talk about yummy stuff!
- Leigh at Views of an Optimist – Leigh is telling stories corresponding to the letter of the alphabet throughout the challenge. There’s some good stuff there=)
- Madeline Ann at Reincarnated as a Writer – Every letter for the challenge includes three things. The first being a part of writing or reading whether in general or to do with her own WIPs. The second is a small fact about her or a place she’s been (very interesting stuff). The third is a homeopathic remedy for some ailment.
- Udita Banerjee at Shreds and Shards – She’s taking us on a trip to Scotland with her, sharing the experiences and places she visited=) I’ve always wanted to go to Scotland, and she takes me!
- Junebug at Simply Junebug – Her posts for the A to Z are a mishmash of various thoughts on her mind. I find her blog entertaining and inspirational as well. Plus, she’s a Mom like me and she deserves the blog love (her design is Simply Awesome – pun absolutely intended;)).
- Elaine L. Bridge at Spontaneous Sputterings – She talks about life in general: things she’s excited about, her dog and middle son, and personal experiences. As an added bonus, she leaves a quote at the end of each post that has to do with the day’s topic.
- Shari from Bits and Bytes – More Noms! If you can’t tell, I love food blogs;) But hers isn’t just about food. She talks costumes and even a trip to Vegas.
- Kate at My Next Life – Kate is sharing various things with us, all within the theme of writing. Her posts will entertain and inspire you, especially if you like people who use the word mishmash… Hey! I did that too! (^).
- Edward Hall at Empire’s 5-star 500 – My Movie Reviews – Like movies? This guy is going through 500 movies to review them for his blog. I’m interested to see the rest of the films he’s chosen for A to Z=)
And here are your Questions of Doom:
- Of the Three Stooges, which one are you most like: Larry, Curly, or Moe?
- If you could take the place of any character in any book, who would it be and why?
- Mac or PC?
- What is your favorite book cover of all time?
- What are the last 5 books you’ve read?
- If your life was a movie, who would you want to play your nemesis? (HA! Tricked you on that one!)
- Vanilla or Chocolate?
- By some strange accident of fate, I’ve been stranded in your home town. Can I stay at your place?
- Are you sure?
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- What is one word that describes your current MC?
That’s all for today! Stop by on the letter Q when I answer my own Questions of Doom!