For the next few weeks, the round-up will be a short list. I’m deep in the ravine that is revision and haven’t had, nor will I have, time to go through my blog roll as much as I usually do. Revising for me is a bit more difficult than drafting 😉 and for that reason, I decided it was about time to cut back and focus on the writing. I’m not abandoning it all together, but there won’t as many links as usual. Still, the ones I put up will be of great value to honing your craft=) Now, on with Thirsty Thursday!!
- Stitching Your Scenes Together with Transitions
- Character Development—Distinguishing Secondary Characters from Each Other
- Character Development Series: Question #7 – What’s Your Character Aiming For?
- Five Edits to Strengthen Your Writing, Right Now
- Three Ways to Add Tension During Revisions
- Beyond The Basics: 5 Ways To Take Your Writing Further
- Bring your fiction to life with emotion: An editor’s how-to guide
- 10 Bruce Lee Quotes That Can Improve Your Writing (This is an older post, but worth reading!)
- Sympathetic Characters Part 5: Betrayal & Sympathetic Characters Part 6: Unfairness
- Structuring Your Story’s Scenes, Pt. 9: Options for Dilemmas in a Sequel
- Good Writing: Using The Senses
- Forcing Readers To Like Characters: Recognition
On Publishing & Agents
On Social Media
- 25 THOUGHTS ON BOOK PIRACY
- Reading as a Reader
- 3 Reasons Writers Read Books
- is there an app for that?
Other Useful Stuff Too
- Best Blogs for Writers to Read in 2013 (I follow most of these blogs and look forward to adding a few more to my Writing 101 list!)
- What to Do When Our Families Don’t Support Our Writing
- Enemies of the Art Part 4—Pride & Enemies of the Art Part 5–Fatigue
- How to Survive the Waiting Game
- CONSIDER WORLDBUILDING (This is something everyone should consider, not just fantasy/scifi writers.)
- THE TABLE THEORY OF CHARACTERIZATION
- Do You Judge Books by Their Covers?
- Yes, Virginia, you do need a critique group.
- Favorite Writer Resources and Tools
I think I should probably start limiting myself on how many links I can post for the rest of the time I’m going through revisions… Because I got way too caught up in reading blogs and stayed up way too late formatting the links into this post. Not a bit of work got done on my revisions last night and only ONE PAGE got done all of yesterday. Hmm. A limit sounds good. I’ll let you know what I decide next week! Until then, enjoy=)
Oh! And, if you have a post on your blog that you think will help other writers, or you’ve come across a post that I haven’t included and think it belongs on the list, please do share in the comments! I love finding new and awesome blogs to read 🙂
Also, I MAY be having a contest/giveaway soon since I’ll be celebrating A Cake With Thirty-Two Candles On It next week=) You’ll just have to wait and see and come back then to find out 😉