It’s that time of the week when we take a look at the most useful articles and blog posts on all things writerly.
- Not another book without a hook!
- Is Your Manuscript Ready to Submit?
- THE 19 MOST POPULAR ARTICLES ON WRITING OF 2012
- 13 Reasons to Keep Writing in 2013
- Stop Beating those Cliches to Death
- Breaking Down Story Structure: MORNING GLORY, Act One
- Help With Character Development
- Character Development Series: Question #3 and an Exercise – Aligning Impressions
- Writing Tip #3–Talent is Cheaper than Table Salt
- Writing Tip #2–Writing is Pain, Learn to Take a Hit
- Writing Tip #1–How Much Detail Should Writers Use?
- When Do You Start The Story?
- Plot Fixer #10: A Loss Of Focus
- The Art of Ideas: How To Overcome Writer’s Block
- How To Achieve Flow In Your Writing
- The Trifecta of Storytelling Power
- Use This Subplot to Bring Depth to Your Story
- Structuring Your Story’s Scenes, Pt. 5: Options for Disasters in a Scene (this link will take you to a page where you can view all of the parts of this series)
- What to Do When Your Creative Writing Hits a Brick Wall
- 100 Common-Sense Ways to Write Better
On Publishing & Agents
- What to Expect When You Finally Get an Agent: How Hard Will They Work for Me?
- 5 Reasons It’s Hard to Market Indie Fiction and What to Do About It
- 6 Winning Ideas for Self-Publishers Straight from “Downton Abbey”
- Understanding Your Agent
- State Of Self-Publishing And 5 Things To Get Sorted For 2013
On Social Media
- The Hard Work Myth: The Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- Blogging for Authors, and How a Banana Slicer Saved My Marriage
- How to Think of Blog Post Ideas
- 10 Tips to Get Blog Tours and Guest Posts Right
- Warning: Your Grammar Mistakes are Killing your Traffic
Other Useful Stuff Too
- Combating Beginning of the Year Burnout
- What Will You Write in 2013? Ten Mini-Resolutions to Get You Started
- Online Book Reviews: Games People Play
- TTYU Retro: When do you trunk a story?
- HOW CHUCK WENDIG EDITS A NOVEL
- 10 Ways for an ADD Writer to be OOH! SHINY!…Productive
- WITS Throwdown: Query Strategy-Narrow Focus vs Scattergun?
- The “New Adult” Genre: Why Does It Exist?
- 12 Tips for Recovering from Writing Burnout